Tuesday 4 August 2015

My 10 Fascinating Facts About Barefoot Running


So far - on my barefoot journey -  I can tell you (from my personal if comical experience) these 10 fascinating facts of barefoot running:

1) You can run practically silently. Sort of like a ninja. I would be a neon orange, slightly unhealthy wheezing kind of ninja. With a limp.

2) Dogs don’t bark at you OR run after you. Why this is I don’t know. Something to do with non aggressive body language.

3) Birds are less scared of you. I mean they fly away eventually but you can get really close.

4) People do double-takes at your feet. Very amusing.

5) Your calf muscles get really big.

6) Your body finds its own natural running posture, running gait and rhythm.

7) Running becomes a meditation: there is no future and no past just the Now. And sharp stones.

8) You cannot zone out on your run, when your mind wanders a sharp stone brings you back to the Now. It is all very Zen.

9) Car drivers will stop to let you cross the road (probably to get a look at what you have on your feet) or perhaps out of sympathy,

And probably the best bit for last...

10) No Shin Splints! But lots of muscle aches and pains as you lower limb and feet adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, suggestions and comments are welcome!