Wednesday 3 June 2015

Verruca! An experiment with some folk recipes.

Verruca pedis is a type of wart which grows on the plantar surface of the foot;  an inappropriate  growth of skin cells and blood vessels into a simple sort of benign tumor, caused by the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). There are countless folk remedies including rubbing a silver sixpence on the verruca, praying on the bible, cutting it in half and burying one half in the earth (the verruca that is not the bible), rubbing on wild turnip, bananas, applying Duct Tape, Tea Tree oil...

According to an old book of mine, in Redwood California a remedy is to put a dead cat under a porch under a full moon and your warts will disappear...mmmm, probably won’t try that...

Well, as you can guess I have a steadily growing collection of the little blighters. I caught this virus when I first learnt to swim at five years old and have been plagued ever since. Even though removed they always come back. I guess I have a poor immunity to the virus... I have had them cut out, burnt out, frozen out, I have used salicylic acid, tea tree oil, myrrh essence but to no avail. They go and then at some point they invariably reappear.

I mentioned this to my Father the other day,  “why, dear boy, you should put pee on your feet”.

Hmmmmmm.

So I googled it and surprisingly rubbing your own urine into the verruca can cause them to miraculously disappear. An experiment was conducted and the results were...

Conclusion 26th May 2016
I can report honestly and truly that rubbing pee-pee unto your verucca does not work at all, at all. The surprisingly efficacious treatment I have found is....


DUCT TAPE - AN AMAZING TREATMENT!


Conclusion.
Remove excess skin with salicylic acid such as Bazuka and then start applying Duct Tape - a miraculously efficacious remedy - guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, suggestions and comments are welcome!